Friday, March 6, 2009

Three Weeks in a Nutshell :)







Wow- I can't believe we are three weeks into the life of Juliana Jade already!!
Time is really flying by. We are all doing well and adjusting just fine to life with Jules. Here is a little recap on all that has happened to bring you up to speed! After arriving home from the hospital on Valentine's Day I realized that something was not right with how Jules was feeding. To make a long story short- at our first Pediatrician appointment that Monday we learned that she was tounge tied (meaning her tounge was tied down and she could not latch onto me properly, causing blood blisters!!!!Terrible!). Our wonderful doctor- Julie Ware- helped us in deciding to have her tounge clipped to ensure she would be able to eat and start gaining her weight back. We were down to 7lbs from her 7lb 10oz birth weight and not gaining any back which was a problem. Thank the Lord we are now on the road up and her new tounge is working perfectly!! Dr. Ware has been such a God send and a huge support for me with the trials of feeding and I know I would have given up without her help! Juliana weighed 7lb 8oz at her last visit and I'm sure she is continuing to gain weight daily- she is eating all the time!
So- a BIG Praise the Lord for bringing us through all of that! My precious mom was with us for the past 18 days- taking care of me and helping with the baby. I don't know WHAT I would have done without her!! I was so sad that she had to go home :(
We have had two out of town visitors come to see us- my best friends Leigh Jones (from Orlando) and Lara Barratachea (from Houston). Our wonderful church family and supper club friends have been bringing us dinner a couple nights a week- which has been so nice! With my little brother's wedding just two weeks away- I have been trying to finalize the last minute details along with taking care of the baby- a little bit more of a challenge than I expected :).
We are really looking forward to seeing all of my family and friends at the wedding so they can meet Jules!
The puppies have also adjusted very well to Jules. Rudy is OBSESSED with her and Daisy is not really that interested. They are too funny and I can't wait to see them together once she is older.
Above all- I want to give God all the Glory again for the blessing she is to our lives! We are so greatful that she is such a good baby. She does not cry unless she is hungry or cold. I could not ask for anything more.
This pretty much wraps up our first three weeks in a nutshell! Hopefully I will be able to post more often as she continues to grow and change- and I get more sleep :)
Love to all-
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Juliana is so cute. So glad everything is going well. We can't wait to see that precious little girl again! Love to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michele! It's corey Brock. I found your link on Carrie Lotto's blog! I'm SO glad that I did too! Little Jules is absolutely adorable! I am SO happy for you and Darrin! I enjoyed reading through your blog! send me your email address at cordis511@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite for ours (if you want :-) Oh, our two babies, Annie and Jesse were both tongue tied too...what debacles! I'm glad that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete