Sunday, March 29, 2009

6 week update!!






Well- it's been a while since I have posted an update and that is due to this crazy and amazing roller coaster ride we have been on with our baby girl! We have had so many ups and downs and mountains to overcome these past few weeks! I thought I had a realistic view of how life would change with a baby- but in no way could I have ever imagined or planned for the emotional,physical & mental exhaustion that comes with this bundle of joy named Juliana :)
So a little bit about what has been going on with us:
Last week we took our very first road trip with Jules- to my home town to stay with my parents (Lolli and Poppi)so I could finish up preparations for my little brother's (Kyle) wedding on March 21,2009. I have been planning their wedding since August. Juliana did great on the way down- which is a 6 hour car ride. She slept the entire way!! At my parents house she begin sleeping 6-8 hours at a time each night- which was AMAZING! I felt like a new woman with so much sleep :)
However, prior to that trip I had developed a rash from an allergic reaction to Fenugreek (herbal supplement to help increase milk in breastfeeding). We were trying to get back to where we needed to be since her tongue was now fixed. The rash was horrible-like poison ivy all over my body! Thank the Lord it cleared up somewhat before the wedding. I was taken off the supplement and took benedryl and used a steroid cream to clear it up. This has now caused me to take 10 steps back with feeding (decreasing my milk) and as a result we had to start on some formula supplements this week :( This was not part of my plan, but I know God is in control and his plan is better than mine! Jules weight is still not as high as it should be but we are steadily and slowly gaining. She was 8lb 6 oz on Monday the 23rd.
Back to the wedding- everything was lovely and turned out just how I wanted it to. My team and business partner, Jaime-came from Memphis to help with the coordinating,tent and lighting- and I could not have done it without them!! Thanks guys!! We are still getting compliments on how great it all was. I'm so happy to have Lulu in our family now and look forward to future family get togethers with all of our spouses and kids! :)
Upon returning home we have been trying to get on a schedule somewhat. If you can do that with a 6 week old?! Jules has started smiling and cooing/talking - already taking after me in that aspect of course! ha!
She is so alert now and interested in what is going on around her.
This past Saturday (the 28th) we hosted a couple's shower at our house for good friends- John and Brandy. It was lots of fun and we got to hang out with all of our friends for the first time in a while. Juliana has not slept much during the night since our trip to the Coast so we are hoping to get over this hump SOON so we can get some sleep again! We have also had some professional photos taken of Juliana and hope to get out our announcements with in the next week or so.
The pics are posted on facebook if you want to check them out.
All in all- no matter what-she has been such a blessing and we are so in love with her!! Children truly are a heritage from the Lord- and we are grateful that he has blessed us so much! More to come sooner than later next time!
Love y'all-
Michelle

1 comment: